Canada's First Railway Tunnel
2019 Season Opening
The Railway Tunnel will Re-open End-to-End for the 2019 Season:
Saturday, April 6, 2019
After which, the Tunnel will be Open
Daily from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Come experience this exciting piece of history; Canada’s First Railway Tunnel which passes ½ a kilometer, from Brockville’s waterfront, right under the City. New for 2019 will be a revised dynamic and colourful light show and new sound track. And improvements continue at the north end gorge area.
Here is what people are saying:
- This tunnel was awesome. Walked in skeptical … but left amazed! We had so much fun, took hundreds of amazing pictures. Lights and music thru the tunnel. Safe area, emergency call boxes every so often. Great experience for adults & kids!!! J.S. – Ambler, Pennsylvania
- It’s really well done. OK, so you’re just walking thru a tunnel. But it’s well presented with the light show and the stalactites forming on the walls were way cool. Make sure you don’t miss this if you’re in the area.
S.A. – London, Ontario
- This was an amazing experience that I recommend to anyone visiting Brockville. I was awed with the history and the light show that follows you through the tunnel. Brantford, Ontario
- Fantastic, drippy, beautiful experience! We were 12 people and it was an awesome experience! It gives information about the history of the tunnel. The lighting is the best feature. Manama, Bahrain
- A clever way to revitalize and extraordinary piece of Victorian-era engineering. A must-see experience. Amsterdam. The Netherlands
- The vision of the town people to make use of this former railroad tunnel is awesome. The lights and music make for a great experience. And on a hot day, the cool temps are a relief! Joe K. – New Oxford, Pennsylvania