- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who complete instruction listed in the original Facebook posts for the current running contest. Employees and volunteers at the City of Brockville and/or the Brockville Railway Tunnel, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees/volunteers are not eligible to win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Brockville Railway Tunnel Committee as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest. For the purposes of these rules, the "Brockville Railway Tunnel" is considered to be the volunteer committee members as well as City of Brockville staff members who oversee the committee. The "Partner" is whomever has teamed up with the Brockville Railway Tunnel during the current Facebook contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted via Facebook only.
- How to Enter:
1) LIKE the Brockville Railway Tunnel Facebook page.
2) LIKE the current Brockville Railway Tunnel Partner's Facebook page.
3) COMMENT on the ORIGINAL post by TAGGING a friend or family member.
4) SHARE the ORIGINAL post to your Facebook timeline. ***Make sure to set the post to PUBLIC on your timeline so we can confirm the share.****
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive the prize offered in the current Facebook contest. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Brockville Railway Tunnel and Partner's discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Brockville Railway Tunnel and current Partner to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected by a random drawing and verification of all necessary steps to win. The Winner will be notified by public post on Facebook after drawing. It will then be the Winner's responsibility to reach out to the Brockville Railway Tunnel via private message to confirm prize. The Brockville Railway Tunnel and Partner shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner does not contact us, or is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT THE BROCKVILLE RAILWAY TUNNEL'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that the Brockville Railway Tunnel and Partner, anyone acting on behalf of the Brockville Railway Tunnel and Partner, and the Brockville Railway Tunnel and Partner's licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Brockville Railway Tunnel. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Brockville Railway Tunnel and Partner from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Brockville Railway Tunnel and Partner may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Brockville Railway Tunnel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Brockville Railway Tunnel's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Brockville Railway Tunnel may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Brockville Railway Tunnel. The Brockville Railway Tunnel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Brockville Railway Tunnel has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Brockville Railway Tunnel reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Brockville Railway Tunnel and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ONTARIO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Social Media Platforms: The Campaign hosted by the Brockville Railway Tunnel is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Tik Tok.
- By entering into the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.