2018 Information Guide
The printed version of the 2018 Information Guide is available at the following locations:
Tunnel south portal; Tourism Office, City Hall, Blockhouse Island, the Memorial Centre, Escape Room, the Brockville Museum, Brockville Arts Centre, Brockville Country Club, Aquatarium, Fulford Place, Super 8 motel, Comfort Inn, Travelodge, Holiday Inn, Days Inn, Chamber Office, DBIA Office, and the Leeds & Grenville tourism kiosks at Mallorytown OnRoute locations (both sides of 401).
The 2018 Information Guide is sponsored by:
- Henderson Printing
- Burnbrae Farms
- Rob Thompson Hotels
- Northern Cables
- Ford Electric
- Rockport Cruises
- Nakhon Thai
- River West Co.
- Tim Hortons
Quick Facts about the Brockville Railway Tunnel
- Tunnel constructed between 1854 and 1860.
- It is half a kilometre (525 metres) long, or one third of a mile long (1753 feet).
- It is 4.5 metres wide (14.5 feet) and 4.3 metres high (14 feet).
- The tunnel is straight with a one percent grade from south to north.
- The average temperature inside is about 13 degrees Celsius (55 degrees Fahrenheit) year-round.
- The tunnel starts south of Water Street at Armagh S. Price Park and exits north of Pearl Street.
- The wooden doors at both entrances are closed each evening. Originally they were used to keep the animals out.
|NAME||DESCRIPTION||TYPE OF FILE|
|Information Guide||2018 Information Guide||Publications||Download|