The Brockville Railway Tunnel is Now CLOSED FOR THE 2020 SEASON.
We thank you for your support and look forward to a safe 2021.
Also new in 2020 we are on Tik Tok @brockvilletunnel!! Make sure to give us a follow and post your own clips in the tunnel.
DONATIONS are ALWAYS welcome and you can even receive a charitable receipt for your support! To make a secure online donation, or to contact someone about a donation, please click DONATE
RED Donation bins (emptied daily) are also available at both tunnel entrances. We appreciate all financial assistance as the Brockville Railway Tunnel committee's goal is to keep access to the tunnel free for all to enjoy.
- The walking surface WILL BE WET AND SLIPPERY in some sections. Please wear proper footwear for traction. We do NOT recommend sandals as they do not have proper grip.
- Do NOT walk on the curbs, or allow others in your party to do so. They can fall off the curb and injure them selves and/or destroy the lighting. STAY ON THE FLAT CEMENT PAD running the length of the tunnel.
- For your safety, the tunnel is under video surveillance and there are POLICE CALL buttons at the information stations throughout the tunnel.
- Please "WALK YOUR WHEELS" to ensure everyone's safety - this includes bicycles, skateboards, etc.
- To avoid injury to yourself and damage to the tunnel, please stay within the concrete curbs and do not touch the mineral deposits on the tunnel walls.
- Please follow all public smoking, vaping, littering, and loitering laws while on tunnel property.
- Pets are allowed but they must be on a short leash and under control at all times. You are responsible to clean up after your pet, so please come prepared.
- Groundwater will always be dripping down the walls and from above in some places. Consider wearing a hat, jacket, or rain poncho.
- Please be safe and proceed at your own risk.
Come experience this exciting piece of history; Canada’s First Railway Tunnel which passes ½ a kilometer, from Brockville’s waterfront, right under the City. In 2020 we are happy to launch a new, revised dynamic and colourful light show and new sound track. We are happy to report that the path at the NORTH END of the tunnel is now paved leading to the gravel parking lot.
SPECIAL TUNNEL CLOSINGS:
The tunnel has been rented for private events on the following dates and times and will NOT be available to the general public:
During our regular season, the tunnel is open our regular 9am-9pm, 7 days a week including holidays.
Watch Our Video!
The City of Brockville, who owns and operates the tunnel, has decided that the tunnel will be closing on October 2nd at 9pm for the season. Stay safe, and hope to see you in 2021.